My little hand held emersion blender died 😦 It is an ex-blender. I have a jug one now. The other evening after work, having drunk little water and feeling the lack of veggies, I made this. I upped the nutrient factor with green food powder. For good live bacteria, good yeasts and enzymes I popped in some homemade water kefir.
Raw Electrolyte Smoothies
- A full mug and a half of organic coconut water
- A double shot of water kefir – you could use kombucha if you like
- A tablespoon of chia seeds (for the good fats)
- A thin inch long slice of organic ginger
- Two stalks of celery
- One small carrot
- A teaspoon of a green superfood powder of your choice
- One kiwi
- Optional: A spoon of natural peanut butter or almond butter
Peel the kiwi and chop the carrot and celery. Put your water kefir and coconut water in the jug first and add in everything else and blend. The ginger gives it a nice lift.
Filled me up too and stopped me just eating spoon after spoon of natural peanut butter while I cooked dinner! xs Aissa