Juice, Superfoods, Vegan, Yoga
Hey! Sorry for the lack of posts recently. Things have been a bit hectic here. I am back in the blog- sphere and ready to go. I have my ‘Bright Lights Juice” and my “Light Green Refresher Juice” recipes to share. We have been having a bit of a heat wave here, I think in other countries it may be know as “Sum-mer”. It is a wonderful thing. I have been able to partake in outdoor yoga again, neighbours haven’t started throwing things out their windows at me yet!!! 😉
Yesterday I had my crazy colourful juice. It is filled with anti-oxidant rich wonders, including the “Chard Bright Lights” which I have named the juice after.
Bright Lights Juice
- Three Rainbow Chard leaves and stems
- One medium beetroot
- Two GAINT stalks of celery (3 small)
- One unwaxed lime
- Four mint leaves
- One oregano stalk with leaves
- Four inch/ 9cms piece of cucumber
- Piece of turmeric size of baby finger nail
- Piece of org ginger the same size
- Bundle of wheatgrass one inch/2.5cm in diameter
- Optional: A double shot of water kefir
I use all organic stuff, but i am lucky to work somewhere that sells the stuff! I emphasis the organic ginger as sometimes non-organic can have been irradiated. This juice is anti-oxandiant rich. Contains anti-inflammatory goodies like turmeric and ginger. These double up as great for the digestion as is mint. Oregano has anti-bacterial properties, the kefir is filled with good bacteria! It has the obvious b vits, vitamin c, potassium and the amazing superoxide dismutase found in wheatgrass. i had an intense lime- so it was very limey, yours may not be.
Here is tonights green wonder. I call it the Light Green Refresher!
I made two of these. So the recipe will give you one decent sized juice. It is in the high 20sC here, about 80F. I came in from my after work stint in the sun. I did my yoga indoors tonight- I decided burning shoulders may not be good for shoulder stands! I wanted a light thirst quenching green boost- so here it is…
Light Green Refresher Juice
- One unwaxed granny smith apple
- One stalk of GIANT celery
- Two inch/5cm of cucumber
- Bundle of wheatgrass 1inch/2.5cm in diameter
- Two inches/ 5cm of a carrot (I had nibbled the rest!)
- 1cm/half inch piece of turmeric
- Same of organic ginger
C’est Ca! Easy, light , sweet and refreshing and packed full of good things!
Hope you try them! Xs Aissa