Juiciness again! I started off the new year with an “omit the bad increase the good” detox, it all revolved around juicing, raw food, tons of veggies and green super foods, I didn’t take much supplement wise. I felt fantastic… that is after the first few days getting used to the lack of fast release starchy foods. After that I had a ridiculous amount of energy. I am easing my way into another one. I don’t eat much sugar or gluten but is out the window from today, and I won’t leave it back in for a month at least. So this juice is my “Cheers!’ (sound of bell chiming) “the detox begins!’
The lovely Denise brought me in some of her coconut water kefir today ( I gave her some of mine too, mine had gone a bit on the sour side- hers is nicer!).
- A little bundle of wheatgrass (index finger to knuckle of thumb – size bundle…)
- One organic unwaxed green apple
- Quarter of an organic unwaxed lemon
- A chunk of organic ginger (size of top little finger- keep in mind I have small fingers 🙂 )
- The same size chunk of organic turmeric root
- About 100ml (third of cup) of coconut water kefir to water kefir
I juice my apple, ginger and turmeric first. The reason being I find apples some times get stuck and the wheatgrass will push everything through once that goes in.
Add the wheatgrass a little at a time, I want to be nice to my juicer strain so it lasts.
Add the lemon. I do this last as it never gets stuck and it means I definitely am not missing out on any of the precious wheatgrass!!
Sweet, tasty, anti-inflammatory and packed full of crazy amounts of nutrients!!
Will keep you updated on my various juicing adventures. Will be having only juices on Saturday!!
Rhoda-Mary Bowell said:
Sounds deeeelish, A 🙂