This was a case of I have these things so I will eat them for dinner! It turned out lovely so I thought I would share.
This will make more than enough to serve two people.
- Three cloves of garlic chopped
- One white onion spiralized or chopped roughly
- One carrot spiralized or thinly sliced
- A bunch of purple sprouting broccoli- thick part of stalks removed. A “bunch” being what you can easily hold in one hand!
- Mug of chopped curly kale – thick stalks removed
- A mug or 240g of cooked puy, green or brown lentils. If preparing whole lentils from dry rem. they can take 45 mins to cook.
- One avocado roughly chopped, half is for each person.
- Black pepper – to taste
- Small pinch of sea salt
- Dash of coconut aminos
- Dash of rice mirin
- One teaspoon of dried oregano
- Five or six leaves of fresh basil torn into strips. I tear because cutting with a knife bruises the leaves.
- A dessertspoon of coconut oil
- Optional: When serving sprinkle with a teaspoon of thinly cut roasted nori seaweed (one with no added nasty things e.g. sugar or msg )
So prepare your ingredients- washing, spirallizing and chopping.
Start by melting some coconut oil on a medium high heat in a wok, and put your onions on to soften.
Add salt and black pepper and then the garlic.
Now start steaming your purple sprouting broccoli and kale together.
Add your oregano to your onions and after a minute add your lentils.
Leave it heat through and add your coconut aminos and mirin.
Add your spiralized or thinly sliced carrot.
The purple sprouting broccoli and kale should be ready to be added to the other ingredients. Add the basil and toss everything together.
If you have not already done so, cut your avocado in half and roughly chop it. Do NOT add this.
Portion out the servings and NOW mix in the avocado. If having the nori sprinkle a little on top of each one.