Whay can’t more food be bright pink? Well it can just add beetroot! Brighten up your crackers with antioxidant rich colourful food.
Beetroot Blush Hummus
- 240g/ one cup (and a bit) of cooked chickpeas or sprouted ones!
- If you want it even pinker you could use aduki beans instead of chickpeas!
- Two dessertspoons of a natural dark tahini
- One small bright beetroot
- Two cloves of garlic
- A teaspoon of whole cumin or half a teaspoon of ground
- Two dessertspoons of fresh lemon juice
- Two dessertspoons of organic cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
- Three dessertspoons of water
- A lovely optional: A quarter teaspoon of umi plum puree
- An eighth of a teaspoon of sea salt or pink himalayan salt
- About six twist of black pepper
- A spinach leaf for decoration!!
If you have a jug blender you can just pop the lot in and pulse it a bit and then blend. If you are using an immersion hand blender you may need an extra spoon of water, also I would mash the chickpeas with a fork and stir the ingredients first.
Fast and easy tasty pink beetroot hummus!