Fermentation, Juice, Natural Health, Superfoods, Vegan, Wheatgrass
It gets dark early in Ireland this time of year, about four fifteen pm today! I made a bright energising juice to counter it! A simple one…
- One large unwaxed org green apple
- Half an organic cucumber
- Half an unwaxed lemon- leave a slice to have with it!
- An inch and a half in diameter bundle of wheatgrass
- Optional:Two double shots of water kefir
- A ReAlLLY thin slice of organic ginger and inch long
- A nub of turmeric root about the size of the top of your baby finger*
It is refreshing antioxidant and vitamin packed zesty tasty light wonder. Wow that was a lot of adjectives in one go! Plus live bacteria with the kefir!
* that is a technical measuring term, used mainly in my kitchen
it has been unseasonably mild here up until a couple of weeks ago. The first frost was this morning. It was still and cold with a wintry freezing fog. Beautiful. A chilly day last week the fog and morning dew lasted all day. Gave me a chance to snap a couple of shots! Give me another couple of months and the novelty of cold and wet may have worn off! 😉