It’s the weekend I thought I would break out and have a banana in my breakfast smoothie- I know I know wild behaviour!! I normally have a dessertspoon or two of berries in this which I soak overnight in Kombucha- but is good to vary one’s diet and though I feel bananas are a it too sweet to be having all the time, it really rocks in this! Peanut butter and banana the perfect combination!
- 1 banana thinly sliced (or some berries)
- A dash of real Kombucha (i have my own, but you just want a live one with no added ingredients)
- Half a cup of non-diary milk- I use coconut
- 1 teaspoon of Barleygrass powder/ juice powder
- Half a teaspoon of Maca powder
- 1 teaspoon of Hemp protein powder
- 1 teaspoon of Rice protein- or just have a little more Hemp protein ( I am the lucky recipient of a pack of Sunwarrior Warrior Blend so I am trying it in everything at the moment)
- A third of a teaspoon of Ashwagandha powder ( it tastes very strong )
- A teaspoon of Chia seeds
- A teaspoon of ground Linseed i.e. Flaxseeds
- A scattering of Goji berries approx. a teaspoon
- A teaspoon of Cacao nibs
- A teaspoon of Lecithin granules
- A HUGE teaspoon of Peanut Butter (one only made from peanuts!)
I put everything in- in the order of the recipe. They all live in the same cupboard so I just get one down at a time rather than covering my tiny kitchen in superfoods. When I have got as far as the Ashwagandha I give it a good stir and then add as far as your Lecithin and stir again! Then add your peanut butter- tasting some first – just to make sure it is good of course!!
This is packed full of antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, protein, healthy carbs, healthy fats and a good dash of chlorophyll ( i.e. the green stuff!) for energy. It really sustains me due to the slow release of energy. And it is a yummy start to the day.
Pingback: Beet That! Juice | VeganEtcetera
Pingback: Homemade Oat & Cashew Milk! Vegan ( gluten free if you use the right oats! ) | VeganEtcetera