Hey there! I wanted to share the Yoga practice I followed to-day. I have a bit of a head cold and woke up stiff and sniffly. So a crazy cardio intense flow really was the last thing I wanted. I did a little of my own warm up, some vinyasa flow with sun salutes and hamstring stretches. Though if you did not wake up feeling like an un-oiled version of the Tin-man, you could probably just head straight into the video. I especially enjoyed the counter poses. I am feeling flexible, floppy and actually quite rested after my routine. Hope you enjoy it too. I am off to make a wheatgrass shot with ginger, lemon and cayenne pepper. I’m going to kick this head cold’s gluteus maximus!
Hour later Edit!
So I decided to add said juice! Calling it The Cold Buster which may be a little optimistic… to say the least. This will make three decent little juices (half a cup each), I will have another juice later, and be good and give one to my partner too!
You will need…
- A four inch in diameter bundle of organic whestgrass
- A third of an organic unwaxed lemon
- Half an organic pear (I ate the other half ‘cos it was so ripe and delicious)
- An organic unwaxed apple
- A nub of organic ginger (about the top of your baby finger)*
- One small organic carrot
- A tablespoon of organic apple cyder vinegar
- A double shot glass measure of water kefir (you could use raw kombucha too)
- A pixie dust TINY sprinkle of cayenne pepper
You may well use cayenne all the time in cooking, but is a different matter when drinking it. You really feel the heat- a little goes along way, great for the sinuses. It has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
*organic is especially important with ginger as sometimes it is irradiated.